Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default Plastic gas tank

In article , MLD wrote:

"ransley" wrote in message
I have a white plastic gas tank on a snowblower that cracked, will any
glue, sealer, bond, maybe an automotove silicone sealer? My "quality"
John Deer gas tank was attached with a simple Pipe Clamp the type you
tighten with a screwdriver. I have heard nothing bonds to this type of
white plastic.

Aside from replacement as the best option---I repaired a plastic lawn mower
tank that was cracked and leaking by using epoxy. The epoxy that I used was
the solid ribbon type and you mixed two colors together. It's been two
seasons and the repair has held up.

"solid ribbon type" of epoxy?

New to me (and no, I am not current in these things!).

The only kind of exoxy I'm familiar is liquid and comes in two *tubes*.

Thanks!

David