Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Batteries - what type?

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I have three "power-off" lights that are dead because the batteries have
died. They take two AA batteries which I want to replace. Which type
would be the best - Lithium, Nickel-Cadmium, or Nickel Metal Hydride?
They would be plugged in and constantly charging until the power goes
off.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

RTFM and follow. Really. My first suggestion would be NiMH, as I have good
luck with them on my cameras and they save a lot on disposable alkalines.
But each, alkaline, NiCd, and NiMH have different operating characteristics
related to slow draws, the curve when they pass a certain use point, and
just things individual to each. I'm sure that the directions may clearly
state that you could use any kind, or specifically if there is some type you
should NOT use. I'd trust the manual more than anyone here.

Even me.

Especially me.

Steve