Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Batteries - what type?

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I have three "power-off" lights that are dead because the batteries have
died. They take two AA batteries which I want to replace. Which type
would be the best - Lithium, Nickel-Cadmium, or Nickel Metal Hydride?
They would be plugged in and constantly charging until the power goes
off.

The type of battery depends on what the charger is designed to charge. You
cannot just stick any battery into it and expect it to work -- especially
lithium, as they can catch fire if charged wrongly. Each type of battery has
a different working and charging voltage requirement. Replace the batteries
with the same type the lights came with.