Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default CPVC male adaptor brass X slip elbow does it exist?

"HerHusband" wrote in message
Yes there are lots of way to do it with two pieces. I need to do it
in one piece because I am running out of room in the wall on either
side, so I need a one piece with as little protrusion as possible. So
far the sharkbite elbow with a push fitting on one side and a threaded
male FPT seems my best option, I just wish I could glue instead of a
compression joint. I have looked at the normal male adaptor and even
with a street elbow it's still about 3/4" longer than the sharkbite
elbow version and on both sides it adds to 1-1/2" of clearance I have
to cut solid concrete out of that I rather avoid.

Could you tell us the situation you are trying to solve? I'm having a hard
time picturing a simple 90 degree elbow taking too much room.

I'm not a big fan of compression fittings, and certainly wouldn't use one
unless it would always be accessable. But that's just me.

If you must cut into the concrete, a few holes with a masonry bit and a
chisel should make quick work of that. Or grab a small grinder and grind
away what you need to.

Anthony

I am installing an outdoor shower on a concrete wall. For this reason the
shower valve needs to be flushed with the concrete wall surface. I have
chiseled from the inside to hollow out the concrete block wall by
eliminating the web in the middle. This space is right big enough for the
valve which is about 5.5" in diameter. Into the valve I need to thread in
two supply lines and 1 outflow line. The supply lines come up along the
inside wall and have to somehow make their way to the inlets of that valve
on both sides. The wall cavity I have choseled out so far will be barely
wide enough for the valve itself plus two elbows one on each side will give
it a snug fit.

I can chisel out more space with my hammer drill but the problem is the
valve is on the outside of the wall, I am hollowing out from the inside (the
outside is already neatly cut to the shape of the valve), In order for me to
make additional room on either side my chiseling has to be like 7.5" deep.
It is difficult to do so unless I want to break it all the way to the middle
web of the blocks on either side.

Thanks.