Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default Electrolytics question

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 23:30:04 -0000, William Sommerwerck wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

I think the capacitors have sharted ...

Is that a portmanteau word? Perhaps a mixture of "shorted" and

"farted"...

You obviously haven't smelled one after its vented.

Oh, yes I have. Not just vented, but exploded...

8 of them today in fact, in PC power supplies. Ever connected to another phase instead of neutral? And no it wasn't me. But he's gonna pay for it.

You're a goddamned idiot if you are in a setting where AC power lines
get toyed with.