Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stokesbr@cox.net is offline

Default Update - Hitachi model 50V500 pink picture

Thanks again to all responses to original post. I got the TV today,
and got into the service menu - I2C menu. Accessed by pressing and
holding input on front panel and power button for 2 seconds. Selected
"memory init". Screen immediately went to normal color (pink screen
color gone). So far I don't see where I have to re-enter data. I have
read that this is the fix to this problem, but don't know how long it
will last, or what causes it. Don't know what parameter is causing the
pink picture, that the memory init is fixing. Some say the LCD driver
board needs to be replaced. If the picture goes pink again in the next
week, I'll repost. Otherwise consider fixed. Thanks again group.