Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Al Al is offline

Default Wanted: pen making stuff, pen kits or reject/broken pens

This is the last that I'll post on this except if anyone has any questions.

The reason that I use newsfeeds.com is for the retention and the coverage.
Many people use these servers for swapping programs and staying anonymous.
I don't! Unfortunately I have no choice which features I like and which I
don't care about. I like newsfeeds because if there is a newsgroup that I'm
interested in I only have to fire off an email message (if they don't
already carry the group!) and they add it on short notice. Also, I can
ignore a particular newsgroup for months and always catch up with the
postings that I've missed.

That said, although it's been many months since my last postings, I'm not
new here. I'm also not new to Usenet. I've been communicating in this
fashion since 1989 when I had a university account. In all of my time on
Usenet I've never been accused of wronging anyone! In fact, I still feel a
little odd posting my wanted message. At one time time/space was so rare
that posting anything for sale, for trade, or even wanted was severely
frowned upon. Now it is the norm, unfortunately, and we have to wade
through a mountain of s#1t to get to the nuggets if information and
discussion. I often get so burned out by the garbage that I take a few
months away.

Al

And your path today shows "MISMATCH". You may be perfectly legit, but
I've learned to be suspicious of posters who hide behind anonymous and/or
misdirecting news servers. If my suspicions are unwarranted in your case,
I apologize.

If you're just trying to avoid spam, try getting a decent newsreader with
good filtering ability and/or open another account that you check
infrequently and use that return address in your posts (as I do with
fastmail).