Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default 8' long rip on TS

"Greg O" wrote in message
myself, as long as I can lift them on the table! One thing I do when

cutting
full sheets is to cut the piece slightly wider than needed then make a
second pass to trim it to size. That way if I fudge up the cut I did not
screw up the piece.

Sure, that's common sense to cut a long piece slightly oversize and then
trim it to needed size. One other thing I do is use a single roller stand
just to the left of the tablesaw for added support when slicing from a full
sheet. And naturally depending on width, I try to cut wider pieces first, if
there are any.