Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O[_2_] Greg O[_2_] is offline

Default 8' long rip on TS

"Upscale" wrote in message

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
roller, which worked a little better. The lumberyard would have ripped it
for me at $1 per cut, if I had been thinking. But now that it's here...

I'm not sure why you're having this trouble. With a properly sized infeed
and outfeed tables and smooth surface to slide on, I've very rarely had
trouble taking slices off an 8' sheet of plywood.

Woks for me too.
I recently upgraded the front rail on my Delta Contractors saw to the 50"
version. Of course I had to add a longer wing to match. Then I replaced my
out feed table with one that runs the whole length of the saw. I also have a
small infeed table I built so it will quickly install in the front rail. and
I support it wit ha roller stand. I cut 4x8 sheets of 3/4" MDF all by
myself, as long as I can lift them on the table! One thing I do when cutting
full sheets is to cut the piece slightly wider than needed then make a
second pass to trim it to size. That way if I fudge up the cut I did not
screw up the piece.
Greg