Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default 8' long rip on TS

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
EXT wrote:

My experience is to avoid helpers. ...

I find helpers tend to try to help too much and often move about as they
are easing the wood through the saw when walking backwards, which causes
binding and a weaving cut.

I agree about the helpers.
Inevitably, you end up fighting each other, even if you're not trying to.

And so I sent her off to start supper.

I stacked some stock on the Workmate for a bit of help at the far infeed
end, and added a featherboard for hold-down at the fence for insurance. It
was a complete non-event. Most of it, I think, was a mental block that said
it would be a difficult cut. One down, 6 more to go. Thanks for the nudge.