Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Michael Moore gets it right sometimes.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
For openers, I am not a Michael Moore fan. In fact, I can't stand the
opportunistic self-promoter.
BUT.. fair is fair and he does make a point here that kinda makes sense.
The topic is close to me as I have contact with a lot of people from the
automotive industry. Small tool & die guys and one big upholstery shop.
When the big 3 go down, the ****-storm will roll across the border into
Canuckistan as there really is no border because AutoPact and NAFTA.

A big part of me thinks they should just collapse just like any other
****-poorly managed company. In this case the consequences would be just
too ginormous to even contemplate.

The big 3 corporate automotive clusterfarks need to be taught a lesson,
but so does the UAW. Let the blames begin!

No free lunch.

For the most part, the Big 3 have already fallen, they have not exactly been
in the game for the last 4 or 5 years. They all talk like there will be a
huge problem if they go down. Suppliers will simply have to find new
customers as they probably already have or should have. The writing has
been on the wall for several now.