Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Michael Moore gets it right sometimes.

mac davis wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:04:33 -0600, Morris Dovey wrote:

Upscale wrote:

There's been times in my life where I'd have happily given up 10% of
my wages to save my job.

On the local news this past weekend: About 80% of Iowans surveyed said
they'd be willing to take a pay cut in order to save the job of the
person sitting /next/ to them...

...and Iowa wages are already sub-par.

Morris.. Hate to bring a rain cloud over your sunny thought, but in my
experience, saying you'll take a pay cut and actually doing it are 2 different
things..

Very true - but who's to say how many actually meant what they said?

Sort of like saying that you'd die for someone and then rethinking it if the
choice is presented...

Same deal - and of the people I knew who said they'd put their life on
the line, many did - and died honoring that commitment.

I don't think you make a convincing argument.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar