Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Michael Moore gets it right sometimes.

cm wrote:
Amen,

cm

"Robatoy" wrote in message
For openers, I am not a Michael Moore fan. In fact, I can't stand
the
opportunistic self-promoter.
BUT.. fair is fair and he does make a point here that kinda makes
sense. The topic is close to me as I have contact with a lot of
people from the automotive industry. Small tool & die guys and one
big upholstery shop. When the big 3 go down, the ****-storm will
roll across the border into Canuckistan as there really is no
border
because AutoPact and NAFTA.

A big part of me thinks they should just collapse just like any
other
****-poorly managed company. In this case the consequences would be
just too ginormous to even contemplate.

The big 3 corporate automotive clusterfarks need to be taught a
lesson, but so does the UAW. Let the blames begin!

No free lunch.

Typical liberalism--unions demand contracts that make the company
noncompetitive, and the goverment passes laws that force them to make
products that they have to sell below cost, and then when it all goes
sour, the company's mismanaged.

Would serve us all right if the people who had to try to keep a
company afloat with all this crap being forced on them took their ball
and went home.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)