Tim Simmons

Default last chapter in router saga

When we last joined Newbie Wood, he was waiting on his Vermont American
router table to arrive. Well, the table arrived and after assembling it I
noticed the mounting holes for the router didn't line up with the PC router
holes. After spending much time searching for an adapter on the Web and
calling both PC, Vermont and local stores (no adapters to be had), I just
drilled three new holes in my router table. Then I had to do that counter
sink thing but half the screw hole straddled the high part and low part and
so a large bit wouldn't do it. I went to a hardware store and got a bit
that was shaped like a bullet and I sort of scraped at an angle and after
several minutes I had the screw heads flush with the top of the table!

I mounted the router and finished the assembly and now I am ready to try it
out tomorrow. I calibrated the height (was a breeze) and the table is much
better than the Crapsman I had. Same idea but better quality and more
features (jointing fence - not that I know what that is exactly, one solid
piece for fence, hole for vacuum, off/on switch w/two outlets.

Tim