Posted to uk.d-i-y
Don[_10_] Don[_10_] is offline

Default Fire extinguisher refill

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 11:55:06 -0000, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

A bit OT as it's not DIY but does anyone know approximately how much it
costs to refill a 5kg CO2 extinguisher?

I found an empty one the other day in good condition. I don't really
need a CO2 extinguisher but the magppie in me hates to see it going to
waste. ;-)

Tim

I took one to a place in Glasgow ( M&S Fire Protection)a few months
ago but it was black so they wouldn't refill it without testing it and
repainting it( must be red now) and that would have cost almost as
much as buying a new one which I did . It was either £29 or £39 and
that was a 2KG extinguisher.

I have never understood why all extinguishers were made red.

Dave

Originally they were coloured;

Water = Signal Red
Foam = Cream