Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default plastic plumbing - a quick "pipe, inserts & fittings" query

On 15 Dec, 14:59, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

... On 14 Dec, 23:54, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

In midst or reasonable sized extension of living accomodation
including extensions to CH and H&C water.

Used 15mm Hep, 22mm Hep and some "toolstation" 22mm plastic (all
barrier) - need some fittings to suit a few awkward connects from 22
to 15 (reducing tees) - they are avaiable in Speedfit but not Hep or
Polyplumb -

QUESTION when joining 2 different makes of plastic pipe at a certain
(possibly 3rd party brand) fitting - whose pipe inserts do you use -
the pipe manufacturers? or the fitting manufacturers? or doesn't it
matter? (and why please!)

thanks in advance

Jim

I have got loads of various reducing tees from Hepworth. Search their
website.

http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/

This is the only thing I hate about odd sized plastic joints. They are
bloody expensive.

Adam

i want reducing tees with two 15mm ports "in line" and a 22mm port at
90 degrees- couldn't see on Hep20's website - speedfit in screwfix
catalogue appears to have 'em...

jim

Hi Jim

You need a Double End Reducing Tee

http://hepworth.wavin.com/master/mas...Efolder_id=253...
5484970&middleTemplateName=oc_middle_research_sub

if the link works. There is no image for the 22x15 one on the Hep site I
gave you earlier but is it there.

HTH

Adam

nice one!! looking at it now