Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Cleaning new tiles

wrote:
I just put new tiles in three bedrooms and did the grouting and all.
Lots of work but no special difficulty. My real problem is getting
rid of that whitish film which keeps on re-appearing despite several
scrubs (water only). It does look better with each scrub. But is
there some cleanser that will make the job easier. I read that TSP
could be used but it could stain the tiles if one is not careful with
quick rinsing. Thanks.

You should have gotten rid of the grout haze when it was fresh and
unset...grout, clean, let sit until it hazes, scrub off with a bath towel.

Now that the grout has set completely, you will have to remove it either
physically (scraping) or chemically (acid). Scraping probably isn't a
viable option so that leaves acid. A very weak solution of hydrochloric
acid is commonly used but unless you know what you are doing you can screw
up the tile - and/or yourself - so my advise is to hire a tile man to do it.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it at