Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

Default Electrolytics question - update

Win2000 was an improvement, but was ill suited to environments
where it was exposed to a wide variety of hardware and software.
Microsoft didn't really make a stable and versatile OS until XP
came out.

I've been running W2K for over seven years, and it has been extremely
stable. I can't remember the last cras. And the few crashes I did have were
Word lockups -- which I also haven't seen in several years.

The consensus is still that W2K is the most-stable version of Windows.

I can't comment as to versatility, but W2K was around for some time, and
drivers for almost everything are available.