Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Class/type of amp ?

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Before wrapping up a Mackie SRM450 powered speaker I took some
representative DC voltages on the complementary pair power devices of the
bass driver amp, for me and all else, future reference.
-42, -88, -42.8
41.2, 88, 42
What would the circuit type/ class name be, for this sort of biasing?

in comparison for horn side amp, same devices
0, -43, -.55
.55 , 43, 0

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Class "G" maybe, where the supply on the output devices doubles 'on the fly'
depending on current demand (as in amperes)? Lots of amplifiers are now. The
supplies are often designated "VH" and "VL". First units I ever came across
which used it, were an Aiwa series of hifis, which did the supply switching
with a pair of FETs. I think this covers the principles

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?...6&DISPLAY=DESC

Arfa