Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default Locked out of garage

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:24:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have a problem with my garage door lock. It is a conventional up and
over garage door. However now when I unlock the handle the handle will
not turn 90 degrees to the right as it normally does

Given it a wiggle? Wear may mean things aren't lining up correctly without
a wiggle...

Failing that the latch is not very substantial on most garage doors. It
might be locked but it isn't secure in any strong meaning of the word
secure. The latch is normally just a bit of thin bent steel into a similar
bit of thin steel a bit of prying and prising at the top center of the
door will probably open it.

A spade used at the centre between the frame and door can normally open the
gap up sufficiently to release the catch. Garages are rarely secure!!