Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Online Appliance Parts

Joe wrote:
On Dec 14, 12:08 pm, bq340 wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
The lower element in our Whirlpool range just went out. The
manufacturer's part number is 380180.
Is there a big disparity in pricing for the same units (same quality),
or are there good parts and crap parts?
For example, comparehttp://tinyurl.com/65oypzwith
http://tinyurl.com/5zpnqe. Why would I want to buy the more expensive part?
Residential grade burglar alarm equipment is sold to the consumer at an
extremely high markup. Is the same true with appliance parts? It seems
to be an extremely competitive business.

One is OEM & the other is Gemline (aftermarket).

MikeB

Check out repairclinic.com, too. Many of the parts I have bought there
are OEM.

Joe

They are WAY more expensive. Again, why would anyone want to pay that price?