Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Lathe Boring Bar Holder Plan?

On 2008-12-14, T.Alan Kraus wrote:
Tove Momerathsson wrote:
spaco wrote:

Okay, I give up! 20 or 30 years ago I built a boring bar holder for
my Atlas Lathe from plans that I thought had been around for decades.
I want to pass them on to a friend, but I cant' find them!!!! believe
me, I TRIED!

This is a cylindrical toolpost that replaces the lantern style tool
holder that came with the lathe. The central clamp "Bolt" that
squeezes the two halves of the "clamp" around the boring bar is
drilled through its side to allow the boring bar to fit right through
it. This particular model has three holes in the clamps to accept
1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" boring bars.

I did find a similar plan on the web someplace, but it only has one
hole in its side---- for a 1/2" bar, I think.

[ ... ]

If someone has it, or reference to it, I'd appreciate that info. I
just spent about an hour at the drop box and I can't find it there,
either.

I've seen the design in a book of projects for the apprentice,
reprinted by whoever it is who reprints out-of-copyright metalworking
books. (Old-Timer's disease is keeping me from remembering the name.)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564