Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Circular saw maintenance

mm wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:57:01 -0800, Jack
wrote:

Ben wrote:
My dad gave me an old Black & Decker circular saw and I want to make
sure that it is properly lubricated, etc. The instructions (which he
gave me as well) just saw to bring it to a Black & Decker dealer. Can
anyone give me instructions to follow at home?

Thanks!

Throw it away and buy a Skil 77 Mag.

Why do ridicule his father's present? Did people ridiulce your
father's presents to you, or yours to your children?
If that is not an option, find the oil fill hole and fill it with 90
weight hypoid gear oil available at any auto parts store or spend more
money and buy the same oil branded for use in a an electric saw.

Others may have a different take, but that is mine and it works for me.

I treasure the few tools of my father's that I ended up with. At garage
sales, when I see twins to to tools I used in childhood (ie, a
red-handle Yankee ratchet screwdriver, or a Stanley miter box), I snap
them up, if the price is decent. Will I ever use them much? Not as long
as my modern tools keep working. But it pleases me to have them around.
And if the power ever goes off for good, well, these old tools will
still work fine.

--
aem sends...