Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default My microwave has power,light and rotates but doesn't heat! Is it a write-off?

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Andy Champ wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
Jerry wrote:
wrote in message
As it says above basically, my 2 yr old panasonic digital
microwave
has given up it's primary function of heating food.
Is it worth repairing, it only cost 70 quid and can possibly get
replacement for cheaper these days.
If I thought it was a simple fuse or something I'd have ago at
changing it.
Any suggestions?

Unless it's still under warranty I would suggest that it's
'beyond economical repair', with labour you'll end up paying more
a replacement will cost, the fact that most of the functions work
suggest that the megatron has expired - just wondering if someone
has tried heating foil rapped mince pies... :~o

I think you have been watch too much sci-fi

"the megatron has expired"

pmsl!

Fairly obvious he meant magnetron isn't it?

Andy

Yes Andy, I did manage to interpret what he meant but what
credibility does a reply have when the name of a basic component is
wrong?

More credibility than the person who picked up on a simple/silly
spelling mistake, could it be that the spelling was got wrong because
the person making the mistake can't always work out the correct
spelling (even with the aid of a spell checker [1]) because of
dyslexia - of course 'Mr Perfects' like you are to far up your own
arses to grasp the concept that not everyone is as perfect as you
are...

[1] there really is a need for a context driven spell checker