Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Help finding burner socket for old stove.

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:47:19 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:34:05 -0800, ferguson
wrote:

Dear mm,
Thanks for the response. No, the one in the pix is a
good one. The bad one actually is filthy but I could
get by with just one of the vertical springy metal
terminals, because the
bad connector has one burned through.

I am in Riverside, CA.

Thanks again,
Barry

What I did in that situation was buy a newer element and the plug to
fit IT - Solved the problem for another 20 years or so (till THAT part
is obsolete)

A related techniquie would be to buy a different socket that had
approximately the same springy metal terminal.

Another possibility, too late now but good for 20 years from now, is
to save little things, including springy metal.

I rarely have to go the store anymore, because I have so much stuff I
took off things I was throwing away, wingnuts, capnuts, push-back
springs, pull-back springs, flat springs, twist springs, non-metal
nuts, .....