Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default Circular saw maintenance

Ben wrote:
My dad gave me an old Black & Decker circular saw and I want to make
sure that it is properly lubricated, etc. The instructions (which he
gave me as well) just saw to bring it to a Black & Decker dealer. Can
anyone give me instructions to follow at home?

Thanks!

Throw it away and buy a Skil 77 Mag.

If that is not an option, find the oil fill hole and fill it with 90
weight hypoid gear oil available at any auto parts store or spend more
money and buy the same oil branded for use in a an electric saw.

Others may have a different take, but that is mine and it works for me.

--
I may not understand what you say, but I will defend to your death my
right to deny it.