Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My microwave has power,light and rotates but doesn't heat! Is ita write-off?

As it says above basically, my 2 yr old panasonic digital microwave
has given up it's primary function of heating food.
Is it worth repairing, it only cost 70 quid and can possibly get a

replacement for cheaper these days.
If I thought it was a simple fuse or something I'd have ago at

changing it.
Any suggestions?

First, beware of asking electronics questions on ukdiy, this is not a
group filled with electronics people, and the above answers are the
result.

Microwave failing to heat is usually any of the magnetron,
transformer, HV rectifier, control board or interlock problems.
They're perfectly fixable in many cases, but it doesnt sound like you
know how.

You need to read this first:
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....repair_hazards

Finally, the one failure thats common and cheap & easy to repair is
the rectifier, so if you can deal with the safety stuff but dont have
the other skills, replacing that is a reasonably good option.

NT