Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Forger Forger is offline

Default Honda generators

Forger had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...rs-331898-.htm
:

Hey z let me pick your brain again if I can...
I have replaced the timing belt and plastic gear in my own honda 2000 and
a friend's. But I seem to have identical problems now with both
generators. They seem to smoke for a few minutes when they are first
started in the morning, and consume more oil than previous. I dont know
what I did by replacing the belt and gear that would cause that, I time it
with the square box on the crank straight up and the lines on the cam
lined up with the case. Any ideas what I did wrong that would lead to
burning oil?
z wrote:

I've used eu2000s for a lot of years. I've had failures after 3-4
years

alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower - messages and counting!