Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Twice Retired Twice Retired is offline

Default Are name-brand low-energy fluorescent "Green" bulbs any brighter than store brand?

"Macuser" wrote in message
I personally prefer the name brands because they produce light from a
warmer spectrum, which is closer in appearance to a luminscent bulb.
Cheapier fluorescents from the dollar store are ok for the night light I
have in the front window.

--
http://cashcuddler.com

"Thrift is sexy."

Throughout my home I have 72 CFL's of various wattages. Mixed brands, most
are indies. Color temp varies from 2700K to 2900K, equal to incandescent.
Have had 4 failures in 7 years, 2 outdoors and 2 in basement. I think
vibration may have got the outdoor ones as they are post lights. The 2 in
the basement are on 24/7 for general illumination for cats to find food,
water, and litter boxes.