Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Can you believe

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:22:18 -0800 (PST), "'lektric dan"
wrote:

Does any one get their circular saw blades sharpened any more? My Dad
used to take his carbide-toothed blades in regularly to get them
"touched up", especially when he needed a really clean cut. My
neighbor says it costs more in time and gas, a new blade is cheaper.

Wow.. that's a flashback...

I used to take 5 or 6 at a time to the local saw shop and exchange them for
one's he's sharpened and coated...
Then, it was a lot cheaper than buying blades, but with the off shore stuff now,
I think I'd just recycle the old blades..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing