Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Radiators not getting hot

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:57:16 -0800, Jon Connell wrote:

On 12 Dec, 20:58, Ed Sirett wrote:
Start with the simple stuff first, has someone inadvertently moved the
heating Â*temperature setting on the boiler?

There are dozens of possibilities. Make and model will eliminate a
number of them.

It's a WB HighFlow 400 (an infamous combi if my googling is right). I've
given the diverter valve a bash tonight and it's not helped it unjam and
I can't see any obvious way on this boiler to force it to open the CH
flow. One I did notice is that the temperature of the the rads is not
constant: some are warmer than others and a couple and cold at the
bottom and warmish at the top.

Jon

WB offer a fixed price repair. Since this is likely to be above the
average amount of work to put right it is probably a very good deal.