Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Need to upgrade kitchen lighting - need more light

On Dec 12, 9:51 pm, "Just a citizen . . ."
wrote:
The two existing f-light fixtures in my kitchen each use two of the
24-inch
bulbs - my 58-year-old baby boomer eyes need more light in the kitchen.

There are cool white, soft white and a bunch of other bulb types - what's
going to give me the most light with the least impact on power draw?
Should
I just go with whatever bulb offers the most lumens?

I am considering replacing the two existing fixtures with two fixtures
that'd each use two of the 48-inch bulbs. How much more light should I
expect with the 48-inch tubes - will I see 2X the light I'm getting with
the
24-inch tubes?

Before changing the lights, stop and think about what you really need. It
may not be so much that you need more light, but you need the exiting light
in a different position. Or you may only need a little under cabinet light
to boost the workspace.