Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Surplus tools

In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:45:41 +0000 (GMT) Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
You've had that too? My experience of the London Freecycle group
means I'd rather just dump stuff than use them again. They seem a
very ungrateful lot - thinking they are doing you a favour by
actually taking something away.

Prior to emigrating I got rid of piles of stuff via Freecycle
(Twickenham) SW London): a lot of it had value, but I wouldn't have
been able to get money for it. My best success was the guy who came
round for a set of plug cutters and left with five cartons full of DIY
stuff. He sent me a really nice note saying that it was like Christmas
and his birthday all in one!

I basically updated the kitchen - just really a fashion thing, as
everything still worked properly. So had all the appliances both large and
small to dispose of. From large double oven unit through microwave to
electric kettle etc. All in excellent clean condition and complete down to
instruction books.

I guess the because Twickenham is (was?) a fairly prosperous area,
offers outnumbered wants by four or five to one.

Has Twickenham its own group, then? That would probably have solved some
of the problems I had.

--
*I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.