Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Washing machine balance cutoff too sensitive

My Maytag washer is 11 years old and over the past year or so the out-
of-balance cutoff keeps triggering even when there is no severe out-of-
balance condition. It never did this over the life of the machine, in
fact it always tended to be very tolerant of off balance loads. I can
get it going again now sometimes by just flipping the lid alone, and
sometimes by shifting the load, but it is a nuisance. Happens in the
spin cycles.

Is this a hard thing to fix? Where do I start? What part am I
looking to replace?

thanks