Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Electrical contact cleaning

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
What tools and chemicals do you use to clean electrical contacts?

What do you use for buttons on things such as remote controls? (I
have a kitchen timer with buttons that have to be pressed several
times.)

What do you use on battery contacts? (I know to use white vinegar to
clean up leakage from alkaline battery leakage.)

When spraying chemicals be careful around plastic parts. Some cleaners will
melt or mess up the plastic. I once sprayed a switch with some contact
cleaner and after about a minuit it was as if I sprayed glue in it. Had to
replace the switch.