Posted to alt.home.repair
hibb hibb is offline

Default Electrical contact cleaning

On Dec 12, 10:40 am, Daniel Prince wrote:
What tools and chemicals do you use to clean electrical contacts?

What do you use for buttons on things such as remote controls? (I
have a kitchen timer with buttons that have to be pressed several
times.)

What do you use on battery contacts? (I know to use white vinegar to
clean up leakage from alkaline battery leakage.)

Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

I just went to radio shack and bought a spray can of contact cleaner.
The stuff we used to use on the old televisions and radios with the
tuner you had to turn by hand.

David