Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Marrs Bill Marrs is offline

Default OT fuel system anti-freeze

So I'm doing my regular winter maintenance on the rolling stock. Check
anti-freeze, get the cold weather windshield washer fluid in, etc. We have
a stretch of cold for here weather coming up----mid teens to 20's----and it
got me motivated.

Part of the regimen has always been to toss in a jug of fuel system water
remover/anti-freeze. HEET or whatever is on sale.
Recently the powers that be mandated that we run a gas/ethanol blend year
round. Makes the corn farmers happy I guess. If I'm running 10% ethanol,
the fuel system anti-freeze is redundant--correct? AFAIK all the stuff is
is ethanol? Or is there something here that I'm not seeing?

Bill