Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Surplus tools

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:45:41 +0000 (GMT) Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
You've had that too? My experience of the London Freecycle group
means I'd rather just dump stuff than use them again. They seem a
very ungrateful lot - thinking they are doing you a favour by
actually taking something away.

Prior to emigrating I got rid of piles of stuff via Freecycle
(Twickenham) SW London): a lot of it had value, but I wouldn't have
been able to get money for it. My best success was the guy who came
round for a set of plug cutters and left with five cartons full of DIY
stuff. He sent me a really nice note saying that it was like Christmas
and his birthday all in one!

I guess the because Twickenham is (was?) a fairly prosperous area,
offers outnumbered wants by four or five to one.

--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' from Greentram
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com