Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Unopenable jam jar

D.M. Procida wrote:
If you hang around with Aikido people you may notice that they have an
uncanny knack of opening unopenable jam jars and other seized-up items,
a knack that has nothing to do with strength or mystical powers but with
body alignment.

That may be the answer - but I'm not convinced. I, and all the people I
compete against, have no problems with jars etc. It isn't alignment, we
know nothing special.

It's just that many hours of holding onto a rope with high tension in it
does a lot for the strength in your hands.

I'm a dinghy sailor; it would be interesting to know if this was true
of other sports and professions - for example, do brickies ever get
stuck with jars?

Andy