Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unopenable jam jar

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:08:07 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

Thinking about it and being right handed I must admit when faces with
such a jar I always tend to try using my left hand as it just seems
easier that way.

Also being right handed(*) I pick up jars with my right hand then use my
left on the lid. I take it this is what the OP means by using the left
hand to open a jar? With a really recalcitrant jar I'll try with both ways
round.

As for the OPs qeustion, I'd go the Araldite route but degrease the jar
and lid well first. Hot melt would set too quickly on the cold glass and
lid. I guess if you got the jar and lid hot in a low oven then applied the
goo you might be able to get it on before it set.

(*) Mostly, knife and fork I'm left handed. Saves all that silly messing
about swapping hands with the fork if only using a fork to eat with.

--
Cheers
Dave.