Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Surplus tools

In article ,
" writes:
Mainly to try to cut down people spamming the newsgroup, putting up
contact details of someone else along with highly desirable items,
offering very unsuitable items, scams - and much worse things that I'm
sure you can imagine.
The centralised control by the none-too-gifted Deron is not one of
Freecycle's most positive aspects - but all the local group moderators
I've met throughout the Fenland and East Anglia area of been very well
motivated people that want to impose the minimum of overheads to make
the local groups work successfully and keep the nuisances out. But
remember, they are but a very few volunteers giving up some of there
time - they do their best with the resources available to them.

I tried joining the Farnborough one a couple of times a
couple of years back, and never got any response.

--
Andrew Gabriel