Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Cutting Countertop.

Pat Barber wrote in
:

http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/etip022500wb.html

Red Green wrote:
I've pulled and replaced countertop (same piece) several times. This
time I think I need to replace some. Just going to use some 9/10 ft
store stock stuff.

Question is in regard to cutting to length. All cuts are 90 degrees.
Borg does not cut lengths.

Pat:

Thanks VERY much for that link. Just the couple of article pics gave a
lot of info.

I made the jig and cut the countertop per the info from this thread and
the article. I mean absolutely flawless. The laminate did not chip at
all. If the cut edge of the laminate wasn't sharp as a knife blade I
wouldn't have even had to abrade it.

Maybe I got lucky and the countertop deserves some credit. Borg
countertop at that. One end of one piece was to be against a wall
directly with no side splash. Of course wall is not straight. Especially
where drywall came to a corner bead. Scribed this with a compass and used
a jig saw cutting from the top yet. That edge would get caulk anyway.
Still, no chipping.

Used a new Irwin steel plywood blade with like 100+ teeth in a 25 year
old B&D 7 1/4 circ saw. Those bearing have been rattling for like 2 years
now.

Once again, thanks.