Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Con244 Con244 is offline

Default Sony KV-XS29M33

Can anyone please help me out with the above TV set. The set is dead with
no pic or audio. On powering up there are 2 flashes from the LED indicating
a short somewhere in one of the power crts. I suspect the main power
regulating IC601 has gone to heaven but am not 100% sure. Does any one out
there have any experience with these sets? Are there likely to be any other
components that need to be replaced at the same time (I think the cap C614
(10uf 50) and diode D610 may also be suspect). I am more used to working
with audio equipment than TV so any help would be most appreciated.
Regards
Con244