Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Grinding a blank lathe tool for parting or cutoff

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
When I looked it over after savig as a WordPad (not Word) .doc, it looked
fine but I didn't realize that the images weren't in the file.

But the text without the images is about 88kb.

I've been reading the Chaski boards occasionally for several years, so
looking up Harold's images wouldn't be difficult for anyone that might
have some trouble envisioning the grinds made on the cutting tools.
http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/

Unfortunately, the way the board is now operated, one must be a registered
user to see images that are hosted on the Chaski board, which mine are.

Registration may seem like a bit of an imposition, but once Marty made the
change, spamming of the board came to an abrupt halt. We were being hit
daily with several posts, some of which were XXX in nature. That's not the
purpose of the board, so the change has been a wonderful improvement,
lightening my burden considerably.

Anyone with an interest in mechanical devices is welcome----application is
generally approved within 24 hours. Marty is the sole authority for
approval, and does an outstanding job at screening the riff-raff.

Harold