Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Grinding a blank lathe tool for parting or cutoff

On 12 Dec 2008 02:03:21 GMT, the infamous "DoN. Nichols"
scrawled the following:

On 2008-12-11, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
Time for a DL, Don. OpenOffice has very seldom failed me.

Hmm ... a download -- of the sources and compile, or a
pre-compiled version? I do remember downloading the sources at some
time in the past, and discovering that they needed a lot of libraries
which I did not have -- and those needed more libraries as well. :-)
More trouble than it was worth while StarOffice was available
pre-compiled by Sun.

O.K. I do see OpenOffice available for download for Solaris,
and I am downloading as I type.

Bueno.

And the StarOffice needs a license fee to run it for more than a
short trial period, so we'll see what OpenOffice does for me.

AAMOF, the only time it has [failed you] was in opening some brand new Word files
and creating PDFs from them.

Microsoft keeps changing their format so what was compatible
does not remain so -- and to force user of Microsoft Office to
continually buy newer versions. :-(

And M$ can can go kiss a rancid rat's rosy red rectum.

I haven't printed this file, either, but
now that it's in PDF, it should work fine.

I used OpenOffice to distill it into a PDF file and will email it to
you, DoN, iffen that email (listed above) works.

The address is valid -- but the file is about a factor of 100
too large to get to me by e-mail. I've got a 30k size limit on *all*
incoming e-mail, to keep viruses out of a couple of small mailing lists
which I host. My system may be imune to the viruses, but that does not
apply to all who are receiving from the mailing lists.

So much for that. It went but you dinna see 'er.

Thanks for trying, at least.

Jewelcome.

A 3MB file is better than the 11MB file, huh? Sheesh! RTF is soooo
inefficient!

:-)

Raw PostScript is probably similar in size.

True.

It is the excellent compression in PDF which makes the
difference.

I will try the downloaded OpenOffice (once it completes the
download and I install it) -- we are only 6% done with the download so
far.

It's a biggie. G'luck!

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.