Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default Working with rebar

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:47:37 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

Good luck with getting a (previously mentioned) moose to stand still for
measurements, but if you rub his belly it will put him into a trance-like
state.. or maybe that's gators.

I've done it to gators (little ones). I'm not about to try it on a
moose.

Pete Keillor

The craziest moose scenario I've ever seen was in a nature program where
muskrat confronts a moose.
The muskrat wanders near the moose, they both seem to be curious about each
other. The muskrat gets closer and the moose puts his enormous nose down to
the muskrat's level.
The muskrat reacts by biting the giant moose nose, and the moose reacts by
rearing it's head up and back, flinging the muskrat thru the air at an
over-the-moosehead height, and at a fairly rapid speed.
The muskrat lands apparently uninjured, and continues wandering along, away
from the moose.

No rebar was brutalized during the recollection of this event.