Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Grinding a blank lathe tool for parting or cutoff

When I looked it over after savig as a WordPad (not Word) .doc, it looked
fine but I didn't realize that the images weren't in the file.

But the text without the images is about 88kb.

I've been reading the Chaski boards occasionally for several years, so
looking up Harold's images wouldn't be difficult for anyone that might have
some trouble envisioning the grinds made on the cutting tools.
http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/

The Chaski forums/message boards are chock full of good info, provided by
real pros and metal hobbiest/enthusiasts types on nearly all aspects of
metalworking.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message

Now that I've seen it, I think text format would have been best. It ends
up as an 86K text file. Converting to a PDF (not everyone has the tools
to do so) makes a 590K file. The original is 11.6 megabytes. I don't
even want to think about what an MS Word .doc would look like.

Text is good, particularly if there's no special formatting, fonts or
graphics to be preserved.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.