Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default DIY English

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 00:20:09 -0000, "Clot"
wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:22:50 +0000, T i m wrote:

Misspellings, typo's poor use of punctuation or any such things are

Er, "typos". No apostrophe, unless you're a grocer :-)
And a comma after "typos" please, to separate the list items
correctly.

typo's is a contraction, I think it should have an apostrophe just
like MOT's.

Rowlocks. It's MOTs in my book - a plural.

I believe we see MOT standing for 'Ministry Of Transport (test)' so if
you provide that service then the plural things sounds ok to me
(MOTs).

"We provide Ministry of Transport tests".

But then if we contact that?

T i m