Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Anti-rust padlock

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

"Phil L" wrote in message
mark wrote:
What sort of padlock is best for an outside shed.
I'm thinking of one that doesn't jam after a few months in the

rain.

mark

IME stay away from anything made of brass, and whichever type you

buy, soak
the entire thing in WD40 (inside a sealed plastic bag is best) for a

few
days prior to using it outside, then, each year, give it another
soaking....all mine have lasted for years doing this.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Screwfix do a Stainless Steel disc one that seems ok, I have several
of them round the farm.Though I do squirt wd40 in them occassionally.

Have found one on the screwfix site. Thanks

mark