Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Dripping Vaillant combi boiler

In message , Ed Sirett
writes
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 01:57:00 -0800, wozza wrote:

Hi

My (very) old Vaillant seems to have sprung a leak. When the hot water
is running there's a leak at a nut that drips about once every 10
seconds. Here's a pic: http://warren.blackbeansource.co.uk/leak.jpg

I've tried tightening the nut very slightly but it doesn't seem to make
a difference. I assume it's a washer inside that's damaged or something.
Is this something that I (a non-plumber!) can try to fix or do I need to
get a professional in, and do they need to be Corgi registered to look
at this bit?

Thanks
Warren

Sorry to make another post.

This boiler is not less than 20 years old. This is an example to those
people who claim [all] combi boilers fail in under 10 years.

My Vaillant 242E was 20 years old when I removed it (still working)

Parts replaced during this time were the fan and the secondary heat
exchanger

--
geoff